Monday

"The Book of Me, Written by You" - What is your most treasured possession?

This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations.
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
The prompt for the week is:    
What is your most treasured possession?
The Brief:

  • This could be something that you have bought from an inheritance
  • A gift from a family member
  • An item that you have been left by a friend or family member
  • How do you plan to secure it's survival with future generations?
I have 3 mostly treasured possessions besides my research that I have been doing.

I have spoken about these many times in past posts, so it shouldn't become as a shock. However, this might change if I was able to find out anything more or "rescue" pictures or paperwork I didn't know about.

Treasured Possession 1:

The tiny cup my grandmother gave to me growing up. She gave this to me when I was very young. In fact, it was part of a bigger set including a tiny teapot but as we moved the set was broken and all lost except for the cup I've glued back together.

Treasured Possession 2:
The recipe for Bow Ties or Cruschiki which my grandmother used to make. I hope to pass this along to my nieces and their children. Unfortunately, to date, we haven't been able to have children, so this will have to be passed along to my nieces.

Treasured Possession 3:
My great cousin's, James J Sherman, silver WW2 Air Force wings. These are a very rare and have been loved by my mother and myself since they've been given. They were with me when I married in 1997 as something old and it was like having part of my family with me when the marriage happened as no one else was there in person - only in spirit.
As for my research, I'm not sure who that will go to. I do know I am going to start writing up life stories on the ancestors I've found. At the moment I'm working my way through all my time lines and making them very detailed.

  Check back for the continuation of "The Book of me, Written by You" series.    

No comments:

Post a Comment