Thursday

"The Book of Me, Written by You" - Family Traits

This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations.
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
The prompt for the week is:    
Family Traits
The Brief:
  • Do you exhibit any family traits?
  • Do you even recognise them or simply accept them as face value?
  • Do traits exist or are they simply a coincidence?

My first step to this post was to look up the words family traits. And even in doing that was interesting. Why you ask? The answer is there was more than one definition.

Ask defines it as:
"A family trait is a genetic likeness that is passed through parents' genes to their children. Most specific traits are passed directly from one parent. Genetic disorders are also traits that can be passed from a parent to a child." and "Recessive traits can be passed down by both parents. Green eyes and blue eyes are considered recessive traits, so a child with one blue-eyed parent and one green-eyed parent can have either eye color. Other recessive traits include nearsighted vision, red hair, blond hair, thin lips and attached earlobes."
Teach Genetics at University of Utah defines it as:
"Traits can be inherited from a parent, or traits can be learned. Family and cultural traditions often influence learned traits. "
As you can see, it depends on your definition as to which way you look at this prompt.

Inherited down from parents
I think I inherited my blue eyes, brown hair from both parents. As I've been researching, I've found that many of my ancestors had both brown hair and blue eyes which, to me, seems strange as usually you have a blonde or red head thrown in there.

Dad & I

Mom & I

I do have red highlights in my hair, which we think come from some ancestor in the past from Ireland. I do have Irish DNA (a tiny bit) which is probably why I have the red highlights in the hair.

I do know my annoyed or angry face I get from my mother. As everyone tells me, when I'm mad there is no doubt in anyone's mind as the annoyance factor.

I get the height from my mother as we are or were within a few inches of each other.

Inherited Traits
I'm not sure what traits I've inherited as I'm more of my own person. I do know that family means everything to me and if someone goes to hurt or do something to one of them, I'm there for them. I'm like that with my friends as well. Where do I get this? I have no idea. This might be just a by product of my Polish heritage and I have that from both sides of the family.

EU and Belgium flags
I know I've been told I'm a human Switzerland as well. In fact, when I was at my trade school at Orange Ulster BOCES or Vocational Center, the teacher would have me hash out differences with people because I treated each side the same and would work to get them do have a friendly outcome. The same thing when I was at the Computer Club at OCCC. They would have me work out differences. Could this be my Belgium side coming out? After all Belgium is the official seats of the European Commission, Council of the European Union, and European Council, as well as a seat (officially the second seat but de facto the most important one) of the European Parliament as Wikipedia states.

I'm not sure what other traits I have except for fighting. This must be the German coming out because the German's I've always known love to fight.

I'm not sure what other traits or other parts I've gotten from anyone as I've usually made my own way in my life rather than play follow the leader.

  Check back for the continuation of "The Book of me, Written by You" series.    

No comments:

Post a Comment