This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpufThe prompt for the week is:
Addresses and Locations
- Are there addresses and locations from your childhood you can recall?
- Can you remember your next door neighbours?
- Their name
- What they looked like
- What car they drove (if any)
- Addresses of family and friends
- Describe the houses
- Do you have any pictures - houses, street signs etc
I can recall most of the places I've lived which is quite a few since my mother - for some unknown reason - loves to move about every 3-5 years. She always gives great excuses, but its a pattern that I'm not sure why she got into as everyone else in her family stays at locations for years.
We've stayed in the following places:
- Lyon Mountain
I do still remember some neighbours. These are:
- The trailer park - I used to go and talk to another little girl in one of the houses behind and another who visited her grandparents who lived next our trailer.
- South Montgomery Street, Walden - I still talk to one of the families that lived first in front and then behind the places we rented
- Capron Street, Walden - the sister/brother who lived across the street
- Next to Jim Brady's/White Rabbit Inn in Montgomery (going towards Walden) - I still talk to a few of the people I hung out there with
- And the other places, I didn't really get to know the neighbours - usually because we didn't speak to each other.
Some pictures I do have of where we lived and others are at my mothers in photo albums. I will put a few of the pictures up that I do have. Further, I've been looking up our old houses in Google Earth and then taking a "snapshot" of the buildings now if I could. As there are many addresses, I will pick only some to do.
|Birth - late 1970s - Newburgh (that's me with the puppies)|
|Same house taken from Google Earth 2013|
|1970s. We stayed here (bottom) when my mother left my father for a short time|
|1970s. We then stayed on Walnut Street (the weird shaped building was the elementary school) for a bit|
|1970s. We then moved to get a bigger place when my sister came to visit (above the agency)|
|1980s. This was the trailer park. We lived in the most back corner with the loop - away from everyone.|
|1980s. We then moved into the this lane (middle of page) We stayed at the 3rd house (with tree) and then moved to the top house|
|About 1988. The house we lived at in Lyon Mountain. We rented the back and my sister rented the front.|
|1988-191This changed ALOT. When we lived here, by Jim Brady's, it was a duplex with 2 steps leading up into the house. We lived closest to the telephone pole.|
|1989-1991 lived on first level (my car is in the front!)|
|1991-1997 we lived on the top part (the yellow boards with fire escape)|